Friday, April 10, 2009

Goauch-ing and Baseball Fields

Not sure if it can be used as a verb, but i’m trying gouache for the first time and loving it. Thanks to my dear friend, Justine, who bought me a brush, paper and gouache set for my birthday. What a perfect gift! I love the consistency, the ease, the opaqueness and/or translucence, the quick drying time and ability to bring the paint back to life. So cool! I’ve started a couple paintings, one in which i did today for Ben’s parents. It’s a thank you card. With a Rooster. And the Rooster’s name is Bob and he has a wish list. The other two paintings will be posted as soon as i finish them.













Bob contemplating.


As i’ve grown older, i’ve noticed the similarities i share with my parents. i usually have to smell my drinking receptacle before committing to using it. Which is what my dad did. He’d pull a glass from the cupboard, stick his nose into it, and take a whiff. Now i understand why he did that.

And finally, Ben and i went to the White Sox opener on Tuesday afternoon, seats in the sun, a perfect induction to baseball season - Yay for Spring! I took this shot as the White Sox clinched the win. How do they get such straight lines?!


No comments:

Post a Comment