Thursday, May 21, 2009

Black Moth Super Rainbow



Ben and I went to the BMSR show last night at the Bottom Lounge. This was my 3rd or 4th time to see them live and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed. The bass player, who totally reminds me of our friend and co-worker, Ed, wasn't there. The lead singer, Tobacco, wasn't there either yet he was "performing." Which makes me think of the Ashley Simpson fiasco on Saturday Night Live where she was caught lip synching. I can't believe I'm bringing up Ashley Simpson while discussing BMSR's show. I was bummed out. What happened? Where were they? Why is it ok for BMSR to perform live while two members of the band are MIA? And without Ed/bass player, the energy was missing - he has quite a stage presence - tall, thick long dark beard, and 70's style headband. and he moves! he really gets into it and he's a blast to watch. I'm really hoping this was just a one time situation without these two guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment